Abstracts - Oral Presentation
|The deadline for abstract submission is:
The deadline for abstract evaluation results is: 25/02/2020
- Instructions for abstract (Oral Presentation) submission
- Main Area
- Important Information
- Instructions for abstracts preparation
- Abstracts (Oral Presentation) approved
Instructions for abstract (Oral Presentation) submission
1) Please register for the event through the website. Fees do not have to be paid at the time of registration; payments can be made after acceptance of your abstract has been confirmed. The other authors who register at the congress should not send the same abstract already registered;
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
2) Log in to the restricted area (MY ACCOUNT MENU) with the username and password that you have informed during registration. New menus will be displayed.
3) Click on “My Abstracts” Menu.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all fields of the online form.
5) Before submitting the abstract, please review it carefully. Any changes will be allowed only until the final submission deadline.
* The submitter author must complete all fields in the online form. All communications related to scientific paper will send only to this author by the registered e-mail and he / she should be in charge of passing on to the coauthors;
6) Choose the type of presentation –ABSTRACT (Oral Presentation).
7) After submitting abstracts, click "Log out". The person in charge for the presentation (who made the submission) will receive an e-mail confirming the information provided. Check if all the information is correct. If there is anything wrong, log in again and make the necessary changes (up to the deadline for submission of abstracts – see Important Information).
8) If you do not receive the automatic email confirming the submission on the same day, the abstract was not sent correctly. In this case, contact us reporting what happened and what problem you had. Remember to check the SPAM box.
Main Area» Anatomy and access
» Craniocervical Junction
» Skull Base
» Skull Base Lessons
• The ABSTRACTS must be submitted only in English; if submitted in other languages they won’t be considered;
• The deadline for abstract submission is: 16/12/2019
• In order to receive the certificate of your abstract after the event, one of the listed authors must be registered and have attended the event.
• 02 papers will be accepted per author. Those who have already reached this number can only be listed as co-authors in other abstracts;
• There is no limit of authors included per abstract. Please list the authors in the desired order;
IMPORTANT: The submitter/presenter also has to include himself/herself in the list of authors!
• The official language of the Congress is English.
• On 25/02/2020 abstract acceptance will be published in the “My Abstracts” link of the submission site (author log in).
• After receiving confirmation of acceptance, the submitting person of the abstract needs to confirm payment of registration fees until 02/03/2020. Presentation should be made by the indicated author when the abstract is submitted. If this is not possible, another author Previously registered must be present, as long as registered in the event and have paid the registration fee.
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
• Only one certificate will be issued per presented abstract. Certificates are issued following the order in which authors were registered.
• Please note: all materials produced on basis of the abstracts (such as publications in scientific journals) will be faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, it is not possible to change title, summary or authors after submission deadline. We emphasize that all provided information is of entire responsibility of the submitting author.
• The main author can choose the modality of abstract presentation. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change this choice.
• Registration fees can be found at the “Registration” menu of the congress website and are independent of the approval date of the abstract. In order to guarantee any discount, payment of the fees needs to be made within the deadlines.
• The final decision of the Scientific Committee on presentation modality is considered supreme and irrevocable and shall not be questioned.
• By submitting the papers, the authors assume compliance with the laws and ethical standards that govern research with humans and animals, including the approval of the Research Ethics and Clinical Research Ethics Committees in Animals.
• The Organizing Committee of the Congress won’t be responsible for the costs of registration, transportation, accommodation or other costs generated to presentations in any modality.
• The submission of the summary represents a commitment of the author (s) to present the work, if accepted, during the event.
Instructions for abstracts preparation
• The title should be concise and reflect the study to be presented.
• The abstract text should not exceed 2,500 characters with spaces (does not include title and authorship / affiliation). Limit of 250 characters for the title.
• The abstract should be structured in an objective and concise way, providing essential information under each title. Suggested titles: Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion;
• Case reports should be structured in: Case Presentation, Discussion and Final Comments. Considering that case reports make an important contribution to the exchange experience between professionals, Scientific Committee recommends that only send reports of common cases with atypical evolution or rare cases of major relevance.
• The Institution or Institutions where the research was done, as well as the names of the authors, should NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The abstract contents should be associated with the topic selected.
• Graphs and tables will not be accepted at online submission of paper;
• References, acknowledgments, and financial aid are not required and if included they should be computed as a Body of the Abstract and should come at the end of the abstract.
• Results based on statements such as "results will be presented" and "data will be analyzed" will not be considered. These should be explained as clearly as possible and the conclusions should be based on the data presented. In this case, the authors should write at least the preliminary results, if it is an ongoing study, for example.
• Case reports without clear originality and relevance that justify their presentation will not be accepted. Also, only literature review will be rejected.
• Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lowercase letters.
Abstracts (Oral Presentation) approved
Presentation time is 07 minutes. After the presentation, there will be allowed 03 minutes for discussion and possible questions from jury and guests. If none of the authors attend the event, the presentation will be canceled and the certificate will not be issued.
The presentation must be prepared in Power Point slides (Windows) and needs to be handed in at the Media Desk at least 2 hours before start of the session, in order to upload the document to the media system.
Information about day and time of the presentation will be available in the restricted area of the submitting author and previously stipulated in the scientific program of the congress.
After the end of Congress, the certificates of approved abstracts will be available to the author responsible for submitting on the site. To print or download, you must access the "Certificates" area, located on the congress homepage, enter the registered e-mail and fill in the "Satisfaction Survey".
Important: the certificates are not sent directly to email.
- Only one certificate will be issued per abstract. They will be printed following the registered order of authors.
- At least one of the authors must be registered and attend the congress to receive the certificate later.
- If the author responsible for submitting the abstract did not attend the event, one of the coauthors (who attended and exhibited the paper) may request the transfer of the certificate by contact us
- It’s necessary to respect the maximum limit of papers submitted by registration, if any.
Director of the Neuroanatomy Lab at ANII Milwaukee, Wi.
Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery - "Skull Base, Vascular & Port"
Hospital Angeles/Star Medica Lomas Verdes Mexico
Neurosurgery Residency at Hospital Juárez de México
Skull Base & Neurosurgery Vascular Fellowship at Arkansas N...
Andrea Cardia, MD, is a neurosurgeon who specialized in skull base vascular and skull base surgery. He graduated from the school of medicine of Cagliari (Italy) and completed in Milan his residency in Neurosurgery.
From 2003 till 2011 he worked at the Galeazzi Hospital, Milan.
Dr Andrés Cervio Clinical Position: Deputy Chiel FLENI Neurosurgical Department Specialties: - Skull Base Surgery - Neuro-Oncology - Neurosurgery Member of the Editorial Board of the Brazilian Journal of Neurosurgery
NEUROSURGEON GRADUATED BY UNAM IN MÉXICO CITY.
FELLOWSHIP RESEARCH IN SKULL BASE SURGERY IN UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES 2003-2004
HEAD OF SKULL BASE CLINIC IN HOSPITAL JUÁREZ DE MÉXICO.
MEMBER OF SKULL BASE COMMITTE OF WFNS
VICEPRESIDENT OF NEUROONCOLOGY SECTION...
1970-1976: Medical study at the University of Bonn
1977-1983: Residency in Neurosurgery and Neurology
Since 1986: Professor of Neurosurgery
1983-1992: Staff member and Associate Professor at University of Düsseldorf
1992-2018: Chairman of...
- Member of the Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery - Master and Doctorate from the Federal University of Pernambuco - Preceptor of the Neurosurgery Medical Residence at Getúlio Vargas Hospital (SUS / PE)
Brazilian Neurosurgeon, Danilo Silva, MD completed his post residency training in the US at the Cleveland Clinic, Weill Cornell Medical College and Brigham and Women’s Hospital at Harvard Medical School. His education includes focused subspecialty training in open and endoscopic skull base surgery, ...View more
Born in Prague in 1937. Professor of Neurosurgery, Emeritus Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery at the 1st Faculty of Medicine of the Charles University in Prague. Since 2011 title of FCMA, Fellow of the Czech Medical Academy. Member of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) s...View more
Full Professor Assistant - ENT/Head and Neck Department - University Federal of Sao Paulo Former President Brazilian Head and Neck Society Doctor degree in Oncology - University of Sao Paulo
Dr. Fred Gentili MD MSc FRCSC FACS FAANS Professor, Neurosurgery Crean Hotson Chair in Skull Base Surgery Alan and Susan Hudson Chair in Neuro-oncology Toronto Western Hospital University Health Network University of Toronto
Gustavo F Nogueira, MD, Chairman of the ENT Department and Co-Director of the Center for Cranial Base Surgery, Neurological Institute of Curitiba, Brazil, and Head of the ENT Department, "Hospital Universitário Evangelico de Curitiba".
Dr. Nogueira graduated in medicine at the Pontifical...
Henry W. S. Schroeder, M. D., Ph.D. is professor and chairman at the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Medicine in Greifswald, Germany. He obtained his MD at the University in Greifswald in 1989. In 1996 he received the Board Certification as Neurosurgeon. Since 2004 he is Professor of Ne...View more
Neurosurgeon and Head of the Interventional Neuroradiology Unit at the Department of Neuroradiology, University of Tours, France. IL Maldonado MD, PhD conducts scientific investigation in the domains of cerebral connectivity and cerebrovascular diseases. His works have targeted the functional anatom...View more
pediatric otolaryngologist at Rady Children‘s Hospital-San Diego and an assistant professor of pediatric otolaryngology in the UC San Diego Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Head, Department of Neurosurgery, A.C. Camargo Cancer Center (ACCCC) Professor of Neurosurgery, Santa Casa de São Paulo School of Medical Sciences (FCMSCSP) São Paulo-SP, Brazil.
Professor at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul Neurotologist at Santa Casa de Porto Alegre and Federal University of Health Sciences of Porto Alegre Master degree and PhD at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Southern California
Coordenador do programa de residência médica do Hospital de Força Aérea do galeão. Mestre em neurocirurgia pela Uni Rio. Ex coordenador do departamento de base de crânio da SBN
Neurosurgeon trained in Hospital Municipal Miguel Couto, Rio de Janeiro. Fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgery in Hospital Santa Teresa, Petropolis. Member of Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery Treasurer SNCRJ 2018-2020
Head of Neurosurgery Department of the Clemente Alvarez Hospital-Rosario-ARGENTINA VICE PRESIDENT OF THE ARGENTINE ASSOCIATION OF NEUROSURGERY EX-MEMBER OF THE SOCIETE DU NEUROCHIRURGIE DE LANGUE FRANCAISE
M.D. Neurosurgeon at Paulo Niemeyer State Brain Institute in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Fellow in Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tübingen, Germany, 2012 - Member of Brazilian Neurosurgery Society
Biography of Prof. Kaoru KURISU
He was born in 1955 in Hiroshima and graduated from Hiroshima University Faculty of Medicine in 1981 and got medical license in the same year and started his carrier as neurosurgeon from Department of Neurosurgery Hiroshima University Hospital (HUH). He mov...
1974-1980 Undergraduate, Faculty of Medicine Osaka City University, Japan
1980-1987 Resident, Dept. of Neurosurgery Osaka City University
1988-1990 Research Associate
Dept. of Neurosurgery, Medical College of Virginia, USA
1990-1991 Clinical Fellow, Dept. of ENT, Fluda Municip...
Chairman. Department of Neurosurgery Hospital Peron Buenos Aires Former President Asociacion argentina de Neurocirugia Former President Sociedad de Neurocirugia de la provincia de Buenos Aires
Clinical Residency, Neurosurgery - State University of Rio de Janeiro
Research Fellowship - University of Tübingen, Germany
Visiting Fellowship - Weill Cornell Medical College, University of Indiana, Mayo Clinic
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery - Fluminense Federal University and ...
Massimiliano VISOCCHI (CF : VSCMSM58B18H501A) was born in Rome on February the 18th, 1958, he is Professor in Neurosurgery at the Catholic University of Rome Italy and Visiting Professor at the Shanghai University (China), the George’s University of London (UK) and at the Mumbai University (India) ...View more
Skull Base and Neuroendoscopy WFNS Fellowship, Malaga, Spain, 2014
Vascular Neurosurgery Fellowship, Mexico City, 2015
Skull Base and Microneurosurgery Fellowship, Weill Cornell Medical College, NY, USA, 2016
Skull Base and Vascular Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital R...
graduação :Escola Paulista de Medicina - UNIFESP residência : Escola Paulista de Medicina - UNIFESP doutorado : Universidade de Sao Paulo - USP Pós-doutorado : University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences - UAMS Professor Adjunto de Neurocirurgia - Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul
Consultant at the Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital São João, Porto Member of the Training Committee of the Portuguese Neurosurgery Society Vice President of the Portuguese Brain Council Assistant in Neurological Diseases at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto
MD from Federal University of Triângulo Mineiro, Uberaba, Brazil (2003), medical residency in Neurosurgery at Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Ribeirão Preto, Brazil (2009), Ph.D. in Neurosurgery at Ribeirão Preto Medical School of University of São Paulo, Brazil (2011), and Postdoctoral Fellowship at ...View more
Born in India in 1964, Roy Thomas Daniel graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the State of Kerala, India (1989) and specialist in neurosurgery Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore, India (1997). He then benefited from three years of Fellowships in neurosurgery at the Royal Adelaide Hospital...View more
Faculty Neurosurgeon at Catholic University hospital of Porto Alegre PhD in Neurosciences Full Member of the Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery Fellowship in Microsurgical Anatomy at the University of Florida (Prof. Rhoton)
Dr. Couldwell specializes in Neurosurgery, Brain Tumors, Brain Aneurysms, Skull Base Surgery, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Head Trauma and Neuro Critical Care.
William T. Couldwell, MD, PhD serves as Professor and Chair of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Utah. He ha...
Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
Located between trendy Barra da Tijuca and famed Ipanema Beach, our extravagant, full-service resort offers extensive business facilities in a tropical setting. Let our complimentary shuttle take you to area beaches, Leblon, and Rio Sul's shops.The renovated Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort is the city's only beachfront resort with an extensive recreational area, spa, and amenities. Its lush, landscaped grounds are set above a white-sand beach fronting the tropical South Atlantic and flanked by towering mountains.Our 538 guest rooms and suites feature comfortable "Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience" beds as well as private balconies overlooking the sea. Club Level accommodations include access to the Sheraton Club Lounge and an exclusive area for breakfast.
Avenida Niemeyer 121 - Leblon, Rio de Janeiro - 22450-220 - Brazil