|The deadline for abstract submission is: Wednesday, January 08, 2020
The deadline for abstract evaluation results is: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Instructions for abstract submission
- Main areas
- Important Information
- Instructions for abstract preparation
- Instructions for Approved Abstracts
1) Please register for the event through the website. Fees do not have to be paid at the time of registration; payments can be made after acceptance of your abstract has been confirmed. The other authors who register at the congress should not send the same abstract already registered;
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
2) Log in to the restricted area (MY ACCOUNT MENU) with the username and password that you have informed during registration. New menus will be displayed.
3) Click on “My Abstracts” Menu.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all fields of the online form.
5) Before submitting the abstract, please review it carefully. Any changes will be allowed only until the final submission deadline.
* The submitter author must complete all fields in the online form. All communications related to scientific paper will send only to this author by the registered e-mail and he / she should be in charge of passing on to the coauthors;
6) Choose the type of presentation – Video papers OR Proffered paper.
7) After submitting abstracts, click "Log out".
8) After submitting the abstract, the person in charge for the presentation (who made the submission) will receive an email confirming the information provided. Check if all the information is correct. If there is anything wrong, log in again and make the necessary changes (up to the deadline for submission of abstracts – see Important Information).
9) If you do not receive the automatic email confirming the submission on the same day, the abstract was not sent correctly. In this case, contact us reporting what happened and what problem you had. Remember to check the SPAM box.
10) To access the event website again, just use your username and password at MY ACCOUNT menu. In case you do not remember your login data, use the “forgot your password?” option at the top of the page.
» Skull Base
» Anatomy and access
» Craniocervical Junction
• The ABSTRACTS must be submitted only in English; papers submitted in other languages won’t be considered;
• The deadline for abstract submission is: Wednesday, January 08, 2020
• In order to receive the certificate of your abstract after the event, one of the listed authors must be registered and have attended the event.
• 02 papers will be accepted per author. Those who have already reached this number can only be listed as co-authors in other abstracts;
• There is no limit of authors included per abstract. Please list the authors in the desired order;
IMPORTANT: The submitter/presenter also has to include himself/herself in the list of authors!
• The official language of the Congress is English.
• On Tuesday, February 25, 2020, abstract acceptance will be published in the “My Abstracts” link of the submission site (author log in).
• After receiving confirmation of acceptance, the submitting person of the abstract needs to confirm payment of registration fees until 00/00/0000. Presentation should be made by the indicated author when the abstract is submitted. If this is not possible, another author Previously registered must be present, as long as registered in the event and have paid the registration fee.
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
• Only one certificate will be issued per presented abstract. Certificates are issued following the order in which authors were registered.
• Please note: all materials produced on basis of the abstracts (such as publications in scientific journals) will be faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, it is not possible to change title, summary or authors after submission deadline. We emphasize that all provided information is of entire responsibility of the submitting author.
• The main author can choose the modality of abstract presentation. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change this choice.
• Registration fees can be found at the “Registration” menu of the congress website and are independent of the approval date of the abstract. In order to guarantee any discount, payment of the fees needs to be made within the deadlines.
• The final decision of the Scientific Committee on presentation modality is considered supreme and irrevocable and shall not be questioned.
• By submitting the papers, the authors assume compliance with the laws and ethical standards that govern research with humans and animals, including the approval of the Research Ethics and Clinical Research Ethics Committees in Animals.
• The Organizing Committee of the Congress won’t be responsible for the costs of registration, transportation, accommodation or other costs generated to presentations in any modality.
• The submission of the summary represents a commitment of the author (s) to present the work, if accepted, during the event.
• The title should be concise and reflect the study to be presented.
• The abstract text should not exceed 2,500 characters with spaces (does not include title and authorship / affiliation). Limit of 250 characters for the title.
• The abstract should be structured in an objective and concise way, providing essential information under each title. Suggested titles: Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion;
• Case reports should be structured in: Case Presentation, Discussion and Final Comments. Considering that case reports make an important contribution to the exchange experience between professionals, Scientific Committee recommends that only send reports of common cases with atypical evolution or rare cases of major relevance.
• The Institution or Institutions where the research was done, as well as the names of the authors, should NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The abstract contents should be associated with the topic selected.
• Graphs and tables will not be accepted at online submission of paper;
• References, acknowledgments, and financial aid are not required and if included they should be computed as a Body of the Abstract and should come at the end of the abstract.
• Results based on statements such as "results will be presented" and "data will be analyzed" will not be considered. These should be explained as clearly as possible and the conclusions should be based on the data presented. In this case, the authors should write at least the preliminary results, if it is an ongoing study, for example.
• Case reports without clear originality and relevance that justify their presentation will not be accepted. Also, only literature review will be rejected.
• Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lowercase letters.
Instructions for video preparation
For the presentation form in video of the cases:
The video shall be attached / sent in the moment of the paper’s submission. The video must be formatted in anyone of the three next formats: MPEG2, MPEG4 (.mpg), Windows Media 9 (.wmv); or Quick Time (.mov). The form (.avi) shall not be accepted.
IMPORTANT: The video must not last more than 5 minutes. The videos with more than 5 minutes shall be dismissed.
The video must be attached / sent to YOUTUBE and, after such remittance, copy (CTRL+C) the link of the “Incorporate” field and paste (CTRL+V) in the available field in your restricted area.
The video must contain the information on the case, it shall not be allowed information which identify the patients or any information which might identify the location of the videos or of the patients.
The video may have audio of its own.
INSTRUCTIONS TO INSERT VIDEO IN YOUTUBE
Step 1: Access the site www.youtube.com
Step 2: Create an account. If you already have one, go to the next step.
Step 3: Make login in your account.
Step 4: Click in the button "Send" (Upload) on the top of the page. It is next to the search bar, next to the button “Browse”.
Step 5: Choose a video archive. Click in “Browse” to look for the archive in your computer.
Step 6: Click in the button "Upload Video".
Step 7: Insert the details. The necessary information includes the video heading, the video description, the category to which the video belongs to and its tags.
Step 8: Choose your Privacy Configurations. Select the “non-listed” option (Non-listed videos do not appear in the YouTube search results, but may be seen by those that do have the link. Hence, do not disclose the link to anybody.)
Step 9: In the Advanced Configurations, you may enable or disable the comments and the answers to the videos.
Step 10: Click in the Save button. All the information that you have inserted shall be saved when your video stops being loaded. When the bar is fully filled in, you shall have accomplished the remittance of your video to YouTube.
Presentation time is 05 minutes. After the presentation, there will be allowed 05 minutes for discussion and possible questions from jury and guests. If none of the authors attend the event, the presentation will be canceled and the certificate will not be issued.
The presentation must be handed in at the Media Desk at least 2 hours before start of the session, in order to upload the document to the media system.
Information about day and time of the presentation will be available in the restricted area of the submitting author and previously stipulated in the scientific program of the congress.
Presentation time is 07 minutes. After the presentation, there will be allowed 03 minutes for discussion and possible questions from jury and guests. If none of the authors attend the event, the presentation will be canceled and the certificate will not be issued.
The presentation must be prepared in Power Point slides (Windows) and needs to be handed in at the Media Desk at least 2 hours before start of the session, in order to upload the document to the media system.
To be defined.
After the end of Congress, the certificates of approved abstracts will be available to the author responsible for submitting on the site. To print or download, you must access the "Certificates" area, located on the congress homepage, enter the registered e-mail and fill in the "Satisfaction Survey".
Important: the certificates don’t sent directly to email.
- Only one certificate will be issued per abstract. They will be printed following the registered order of authors.
- At least one of the authors must be registered and attend the congress to receive the certificate later.
- If the author responsible for submitting the abstract did not attend the event, one of the coauthors (who attended and exhibited the paper) may request the transfer of the certificate by contact us
- It’s necessary to respect the maximum limit of papers submitted by registration, if any.
Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
Located between trendy Barra da Tijuca and famed Ipanema Beach, our extravagant, full-service resort offers extensive business facilities in a tropical setting. Let our complimentary shuttle take you to area beaches, Leblon, and Rio Sul's shops.The renovated Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort is the city's only beachfront resort with an extensive recreational area, spa, and amenities. Its lush, landscaped grounds are set above a white-sand beach fronting the tropical South Atlantic and flanked by towering mountains.Our 538 guest rooms and suites feature comfortable "Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience" beds as well as private balconies overlooking the sea. Club Level accommodations include access to the Sheraton Club Lounge and an exclusive area for breakfast.
Avenida Niemeyer 121 - Leblon, Rio de Janeiro - 22450-220 - Brazil